- Edgewood Independent School District
- Dr. Emma Dromgoole - Fine Arts Department Coordinator
Fine Arts Department
Dr. Emma Dromgoole - Fine Arts Department Coordinator
- Fine Arts Mission Statement & Core Values
- Why Fine Arts?
- Department Calendar
- Links to Campus Fine Arts Departments
- Handbooks for Campus Fine Arts Programs
- Fine Arts Blog
- Information for Fine Arts Teachers
- Dia de los Muertos Exhibits 2017
- About the Fine Arts Coordinator: Dr. Emma Dromgoole
Reinvesting in Arts Education: Winning America’s Future Through Creative Schools
The report by a presidentially appointed committee on arts education makes the case that art education not only helps young people find their voice but also is an effective tool in improving student achievement in all subjects. It even ends up helping the private sector too.
The report, released by Obama’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities and called Reinvesting in Arts Education: Winning America’s Future Through Creative Schools, is the first federal analysis of arts education data in more than a decade and was 18 months in the making.
It makes the following five recommendations that serve as a blueprint for schools to increase arts education in public schools and integrate the arts into an array of other subjects:
1) Build robust collaborations among different approaches to arts education
2) Develop the field of arts integration
3) Expand in-school opportunities for teaching artists
4) Utilize federal and state policies to reinforce the place of arts in K-12 education
5) Widen the focus of evidence gathering about arts education
To see the entire report, click here: http://www.pcah.gov/sites/default/files/photos/PCAH_Reinvesting_4web.pdf