Library Media Services
EISD Library Media Services - Vision Statement
Edgewood ISD Library media Services cultivates a love of reading by empowering our scholars to successfully pursue and apply information in all media formats. By supporting and collaborating with EISD patrons, we will develop innovative critial thinkers who are life-long learners.
Library Media Services Department is excited about some of the innovative changes stemming from the Library Redesign project! The project commenced last year as we started exploring ways that we could make our library learning spaces more inviting, comfortable, relevant, and an overall exciting place to be.In addition to the check out of books, visits to the library will include:
- Read alouds followed by STEAM focused Makerspaces
- Flexible seating
- Access to computers/laptops and iPads
- Publishing original works
- Blogging and Vlogging
- Green screen and video production
- Computer basics and Cross-curricular project creation
- Book talks
- Skyping with authors and experts
- and much more!