Meet the Teacher...
Degrees and Certifications:
WHY IS CONTINUING IN BAND A GREAT IDEA?
- Band students on average receive higher scores on the SAT and ACT.
- More band students receive scholarships and awards than any other group.
- It enhances teamwork skills in a disciplined environment.
HOW DO UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS VIEW BAND?
- They see music as a foreign language that you perform confidently.
- It is a sign of your integrity, time management, and commitment.
- Universities do not want to see students who bounce around from elective class to elective class; never really devoting themselves in a single interest for their high school career.
DEMONSTRATING COMMITMENT AND DEDICATION!
- It’s waking up early so you can do an extra rehearsal.
- It’s staying after school to practice.
- It’s rehearsing or going to competitions on a Saturday.
- It’s taking your homework with you to football games or competitions.
- This is the exact commitment and dedication that universities want to see!
OTHER NOTEWORTHY FACTS TO KNOW:
- 66% of all music majors applying to medical school are accepted.
- There are 5x more scholarships for academics than sports.
- Universities view music students academically above average.
- In a survey of Fortune 500 CEOs, 60% of the CEOs had a music background.
NO MATTER THE HIGH SCHOOL, JUST JOIN BAND!
- Students are always able to be in the band all 4 years and take all the necessary AP classes for college.
- Top students around the nation manage to do it, which means you can too.