Welcome to the Blue Ribbon Panel
The function of the Blue Ribbon Panel is to provide strategic advice and recommendations to the District and the Board of Managers. The Panel members shall serve through the 2018-19 academic year which ends August 31, 2019.
The District and the Board of Managers shall rely on the Blue Ribbon Panel, as an external group, to provide non-biased information and advice that will be in the best interest of Edgewood I.S.D. in its entirety.
Roles and Responsibilities of Blue Ribbon Panel members
- developing an understanding of the E.I.S.D., including demographics and District needs
- provide unbiased insights and ideas from a third party point-of-view (not involved in the operations of the District)
- encourage and support the exploration of innovative ideas
- act as a resource for ELT and the Board of Managers
- encourage the development of a sustainable business framework for the future needs of our students – to include the best allocation of human and financial resources
- create a positive dialogue with the community to promote panel recommendations to the Board of Managers
- participate in various meetings to promote, discuss, inform and educate community members about decisions being made by The Panel
Blue Ribbon Panel members will provide the Board of Managers and administration with recommendations about how best to reduce expenses while maintaining the best interest of our students in mind.