Welcome to Miss Perez's Class!I am pleased to have the opportunity to teach your child this year! I am looking forward to an exciting year filled with rigor and critical thinking exercises. Your child will also be beginning fine-tune character traits in order to build him/herself into a successful and productive adult.
While I am responsible for the preparing lessons and teaching your child what he/she will need to know to be successful, I remind the students that the learning part is their responsiblity. In order to fulfill this responsibility, I remind students often of what is expected of them to become successful in learning. To promote students' to LEARN, I have developed rules/expectations to aid in this endeavor. The classroom rules are as follows:
1. L- Listen and follow directions the FIRST time you are told.
2. E- Everybody keeps their hands, feet, and objects to themselves.
3. A- Always move quickly and quietly.
4. R- Respect all classmates, teachers, and visitors.
5. N- Never blame others for your coices. You make your own decisions; accept responsibility for your decisions.
To encourage students to live up to these expectations, I deliver praise toward appropriate behaviors, implement a reward system, and give frequent reminders of expectations/rewards/consequences. I want the best for the students that I teach. So, students are expected to deliver their best everyday!
My room number is 210 and my conference time is from 10:35-11:20. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Here's to a great school year in third grade!