LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 28, 2014 COPYRIGHT 2010
Typical class week: will most likely consist of PowerPoint & supporting worksheet(s) on Monday and Tuesday which will deliver the content for the week. On Wednesday, our task is to complete a hands-on activity/assignment which will check for understanding. Thursday is normally reserved for a review session which reinforces what was learned during the week. While Friday is spent completing a weekly exam and previewing a film snippet about the topic at hand.
For more information about procedures and expectation for the school year, please visit the COURSE DESCRIPTION page. Or, you may contact me for any questions or concerns that you may have.
Daily Attendance: Given the class structure, it is critical that one attends class daily. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete picture of World Geography and will make successful completion of the course difficult.
Grading: Although summative (weekly exams) and formative (daily work) grades are equally divided at 50%, there are fewer weekly exams. Thus, the daily work naturally has more weight for grading purposes throughout the 9-weeks period.Homework: Homework is only assigned when the students are unable to complete the class assignment in the allotted class time. The homework will most often be self-sustaining and not require very many resources or will be self-directed reviewing (studying) for exams.
I. Class Rules
II. Pyramid of ConsequencesIII. Rewards
- Treat other as you would like to be treated
- Be on time, in your seat, and prepared to learn
- Classroom disruptions will not be tolerated
- Follow directions and complete all assignments
- Allow Mr. Perales to teach and others to learn
- Praise (daily)
- Issue Confederate Bucks (random)
- Use of computer/games after completion of assignments (random)
- Whole-class radio time or free time (weekly)
- Snacks (Random)
a. Teacher Section
As your teacher, I hereby promise that I will try to my best ability to:
· Treat you with respect and care as an individual
· Provide you an orderly classroom environment
· Provide the necessary discipline
· Provide the appropriate motivation
· Teach you the required content
b. Student Section
I, ________________________, hereby promise that I will try to my best ability to:
· Respect others and care for them as individuals
· Attend class regularly and participate
· Be cooperative and not disruptive
· Study and do my work
· Learn and master the required content