This classroom is dedicated to the understanding of Science principles and concepts. Studentswill learn a variety of information ranging from Chemistry,Earth Science, Biology to Space Science. The objectives ofthis class are to advance students' understanding of Science and preparethem for future academic success.
Descripción del curso:
En el salón nos dedicamos al entendimiento de losprincipios de laciencia y sus conceptos. Los estudiantes aprenderán informaciónque acerca devarios temas como la química, física, ciencias de la tierra,biología aestudios del espacio. Los objetivos de este salón son de avanzarelconocimiento de los estudiantes de la ciencia mientras los preparamos para eléxitoacadémico futuro.
Dual Language Classroom:
To advance Spanish Academic Language inthe field of Science while increasing cognitive abilities through bilingualism.
ClassroomExpectations and Procedures
Allstudents are required to adhere to the following expectations in the classroom:
- Students must have all necessary materials for class. That includes, but is not limited to paper, pencils, Science Journals, and homework.
- Students must be in their assigned seats at all times. You must never be out of you seat without permission. To get permission you have to raise your hand and wait to be called on.
- Students must follow directions the first time they are given.
- Students must treat each person in this room with respect and dignity. I will never disrespect you or your classmates, and I ask that you respect everyone in the class.
- Students must follow all procedures and policies as outlined by the E.T. Wrenn Middle School Student Code of Conduct.
Inaddition to classroom expectations students must also follow classroomprocedures; we have procedures in place so that tasks are done efficiently.
1. Students will enterthe classroom quietly and sit at their assigned seats.
2. When exiting theclassroom for any reason including, school activities, lunch, and otherclassroom periods, students will be released by rows or groups. No one is toleave until their row or group is called.
3. During instructionand while performing class work, students must be quiet unless directed to workin pairs or groups. If a student has aquestion, comment, or concern, they must raise their hand and wait to be calledon before proceeding to talk.
4. Students will only beallowed to leave their seats when permission is granted. If you need to sharpen your pencil, use thebathroom, or need to be up for any other reason, you must raise you hand for permission.
5. Bathroom breakscannot be taken during the first and last 15 minutes of the class. Studentsmust also have their bathroom passes in order to leave the room.
6. All Science studentsare required to keep a Science Journal and folder. Journals and folders are very important andmust be kept neatly and in order.
7. When the teacherraises her hand and asks “May I have your attention please?” attention is to begiven immediately. There should be no talking or whispering.
8. When students are completedwith classroom assignments, they must have their work checked by the teacherbefore moving on to another activity.
9. Students cannot bringany food or drinks into the classroom. The only exception is a note from thenurse.
10. Cosmetics, electronic games, MP3 players,head phones, cell phones, iPods/iPads, and other distracting objects are notpermitted in class. These items will be confiscated. All electronic items mustbe picked up from the office, but cosmetics will not be returned.
Allstudents are required to have the following items (many of these items will beprovided by the school):
1. Two Composition Notebooks
2. Pencils and Erasers
3. Onefolder with fasteners
4. Color pencils or crayons
5. 2 Large glue sticks
6. Pencil Sharpener
Classwork andHomework Policy
Students will have an opportunity to improve failinggrades (students cannot make-up work that has earned a grade of 0 unless pulledby a tutor). Students will be allowed to correct assignments and earncredit, however; the corrected assignment grade will be averaged with theoriginal assignment grade for the final grade for the assignment.
Students who are missing homework assignmentsdue to an absence will have to complete the assignment upon return. It is the responsibility of the student to collect missed work fromthe instructor and turn it in the following day. Missing assignmentsmust be picked up afterschool so that class time is not interrupted.
Tutoring will be held every Tuesday and Thursday inRoom 40 from 3:45-4:45pm.
- Verbal Warning
- Stage One and Seat change (if required)
- Parent phone contact
- Parent Contact/After School Detention
- Office Referral
- Home contact.
- Privileges (e.g. seating, homework pass, etc.).
- Hornet’s Nest.
- Open activity time.
- Class Reward.
Igreatly encourage parents to be active with students’ studies, not only to helpthem in Science but to support their overall education at E.T. Wrenn MiddleSchool. If you have any questions or concerns please call (210) 444-8475.
6th, 7th and 8th Grade Science