8th Grade Science, E.T. Wrenn Middle SchoolCourse Description: This classroom is dedicated to the understanding of Science principles and concepts. Students will learn a variety of information ranging from Earth Science to Space Science. The objectives of this class are to advance students' understanding of Science and prepare them for future academic success.Classroom Expectations
All students are required to adhere to the following expectations in the classroom:
- Students must have all necessary materials for class. That includes, but is not limited to paper, pencils, Science Journals, and homework.
- Students must be in their assigned seat at all time. You must never be out of you seat without permission. To get permission you have to raise your hand and wait to be called on.
- Students must follow directions the first time they are given.
- Students must treat each person in this room with respect and dignity. I will never disrespect you or your classmates, and I ask that you respect everyone in the class.
- Students must follow all procedures and policies as outlined by the ET Wrenn Middle School Student Code of Conduct.
All students are required to have the following items:
1. Two Composition Notebooks
2. Pencils and Erasers
3. One folders with fasteners
4. Color pencils/crayons
5. 2 Large glue sticks
6. 1 liquid glue container
7. Pencil Sharpener
Class work and Homework Policy
Students will have an opportunity to improve failing grades; however, students cannot make-up work that has earned a grade of 0. Students will be allowed to correct assignments and credit, but the corrected assignment grade will be averaged with the original assignment grade for the final grade for the assignment.
Students who are missing homework assignments due to an absence will have to complete the assignment upon return. It is the responsibility of the student to collect missed work from the instructor and turn it in the following day. Missing assignments must be picked up afterschool so that class time is not interrupted.