The award-winning Office of Communications and Public Relations manages the District's communications and media relations activities, produces internal and external publications for employees, students, and the community such as Edgewood Excellence, and oversees content on the District's website, www.eisd.net.
News releases are provided by the Communications and Public Relations utilizing electronic media outlets to inform the community, the employee's about the achievements and recent accomplishments of the District, upcoming events, public awareness campaigns, and other pertinent information. Additionally, the department also provides audio-visual assistance during meetings and other district events.
In addition to the internal media releases, we also utilize a quarterly publication, Edgewood Excellence
is to inform and educate the community.
The Office of Communications / Public Relations is dedicated to customer service. For more information on this department or its staff members, please call (210) 444-7955.
The Public Relations Office is Edgewood ISD’s primary source for telling the District’s story through media communications, public outreach, and electronic means. The Public Relations Office works to inform and educate the community about Edgewood ISD schools, programs, students, personnel, and achievements.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to information requests
- Produce high-quality communication pieces with comprehensive and up-to-date information
- Support student achievement by highlighting their accomplishments
- Support the schools, Superintendent, Board of Trustees, and staff in communicating Edgewood ISD policies, procedures and programs
- Build community support for Edgewood ISD