Edgewood Independent School District
Kennedy High School/ Memorial High School / Brentwood/ Wrenn / Gus Garcia – EISD Students ONLYSan Antonio, TXDear Student/ Parent/ Guardian,
It is that time of year to start preparing for the upcoming 2017-2018 athletic season. Edgewood ISD is offering students the opportunity to get a free athletic physical again this year. All students who are entering their first, third, or fifth year of participation in athletics will be required to get a sport physical.
However, ALL students, including those in their second and fourth years of participation are required to complete the following forms on a yearly basis.• Participation Form,
• Medical history form,
• UIL concussion acknowledgement,
• UIL steroid agreement,
• UIL sudden cardiac awareness,
• EISD medication protocol form, and
• Asthma plan (If student has asthma). This form MUST be dated after July 1st in order to be valid. Asthma Medicine PlanThis means that all students are required to complete paperwork in order to be eligible for sports in 2017-18.MASS SPORTS PHYSICALSfor Current 6th, 8th, 10th Graders, or Students that need Updated PhysicalsThursday, May 18, 2017, Edgewood District Gym, 4133 Eldridge AvenuePhysicals will begin after school.
Any student who needs a physical in order to participate in interscholastic sports that does NOT attend this physical date will have to obtain their own physical by a qualified professional (chiropractor, nurse practitioner, or medical doctor) to get a physical. Physical forms completed must be from Edgewood ISD.
Paperwork will be distributed to all athletes beginning on March 20, 2017
Deadline: Wednesday, April 5, 2017The Release and Acknowledgement for Students Under Eighteen Years of Age Form must be completed and signed by parent if EISD student athlete is receiving a physical on May 18th, along with athletic packet below:Students who intend to receive a free physical will be required to fill out paperwork and return it as follows:
• HIGH SCHOOL students who do not have athletics and are interested can pick up a physical packet from their campus athletic trainers. Return the completed packet back to the H.S. Athletic Trainer.
• MIDDLE SCHOOL students, please return your physical packet to the Athletic Campus Coordinator.Brentwood MS – Guadalupe Guevara, Gus Garcia MS – Sophie Villa-Montemayor, Wrenn MS – Keisha Greenwood
Note: It is IMPERATIVE that all paperwork is filled out entirely, signed by the student and parent BEFORE a physical can be administered. The student will not be able to proceed to the physical unless all paper work is filled out correctly. On the day of the physicals, there will be a check in station and staff members will review the physical packets. The doctors will not be able to give a physical to any student, unless paperwork is properly completed. Students are to wear comfortable attire as they will be asked to demonstrate some physical exercises. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Sincerely,Alex Juarez, Athletic Trainer - Kennedy H.S. (Gym), Office: 210-444-3151, Email: email@example.comSara Furtado, Athletic Trainer - Memorial H.S. (Training Room), Office: 210-444-8345, Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMasahiko "Toki" Nakazawa, EISD Athletic Trainer for Middle Schools, Email: email@example.com
Athletics/Physical Education Department * 4133 Eldridge Avenue * San Antonio, TX 78237 * 210.444.7941