Brentwood Middle School Library 2013-14 Mr. Keen, Librarian
The purpose of the library is to encourage, prepare and service the students of the
Brentwood Middle School Library. To make the library more efficient and successful
we will need to follow these rules:
1. The library is open on most school days from 8:00Am to 4:00PM.
Upon requuest, we may extend hours as needed for research projects.
Teachers requesting to bring their class to the library can sign up at the
librarians front circulation desk 2013-14 calendar.
2. Teachers will bring students to the library and remain with them for the entire
period. Teachers will remain in charge of the students while they are in the
library. Please assist the librarian if he encounters any student problems also.
During scheduled classroom visits during the class period the teacher is to
remain in the library with the class. It is preferred that teachers sign up to
bring their classes to the library at least 2 days in advance if possible.
3. Only 1 class will be allowed to be in the library at a scheduled time period.
4. All books, materials and equipment will be checked out ( this includes any
item from the library.)
5. Teachers may check out books for a 1-month period. Audio-visual equipment
will generally be checked out for an entire school year.
6. Teachers may put special materials on reserve for their classes.
For example: World Book encyclopedias, Science fair books, Social studies
project books and Class sets of novels ordered by the ELAR department.
7. Teachers may schedule special times for research but this must be done at
least a week ahead of time with the librarian. If possible, all requests for
audio-visual equipment should be made a week ahead. All audio-visual equipment
should be checked out by the librarian at the front Circulation desk.
8. Students may come to the library (only 3 or 4 students per teacher will be allowed
every period.) without a teacher only if they present a library pass to the librarian.
Students misbehaving will be warned twice and then sent back to their class
with a note from the librarian.
9. Please do not hesitate to discuss and concerns with the librarian.
10. All reference books are for use in the library only. Examples are: Texas Almanac,
World Almanac , Guinness World Records and World Book Encyclopedias.
Magazines can be checked out on a weekly basis.
11. Students with overdue books will not be allowed to check out books until their
overdue books are returned. All Brentwood students are allowed to check out
2 books. Every student must be clear in the library before checking out of school.
If a book is lost, the replacement cost of the book must be paid to the librarian.
No fines are charged for overdue books.
12. Teachers will receive on a monthly basis, a list of overdue books for their
students. Please encourage your students to turn their books in on time
in order to keep the books circulating.
Thank you for your continued support of the Brentwood MS Library.
Mr. Keen, Librarian
Class sets of