Brentwood Middle School Library 2013-14 Mr. Keen, Librarian
The purpose of the library is to encourage, prepare and service the students of the
Brentwood Middle School Library. To make the library more efficient and successful
we will need to follow these rules:
1. The Library is open on most school days from 8:00AM to 4:00PM.
Upon request, we may extend hours as needed for research projects.
Teachers requesting to bring their class to the library can sign up at
the librarians front circulation desk 2013-14 calendar.
2. Teachers will bring students to the library and remain with them for the entire
period. Teachers will remain in charge of the students while they are in
the library. Please assist the librarian if he encounters any student problems
also. During scheduled classroom visits during the class period the teacher
is to remain in the library with the class. It is preferred that teachers sign up to
bring their classes to the library at 2 days in advance if possible.
3. Only 1 class will be allowed to be in the library at a scheduled time period.
4. All books, materials and equipment will be checked out ( this includes any
item from the library.)
5. Teachers may check out books for a 1-month period. Audio-visual equipment
will generally be checked out for an entire school year.
6. Teachers may put special materials on reserve for their classes.
For example: World Book encyclopedias, Science fair books, Class sets of
books ordered through the ELAR department.
7. Teachers may schedule special times for research but this must be done at least
a week ahead of time with the librarian. If possible, all requests for audio-visual
equipment should be made a week ahead. All audio-visual equipment should be
checked out by the librarian at the Circulation desk.
8. Students may come to the library (only 3 or 4 students per teacher will be allowed
every period.) without a teacher only if they present a library pass to the librarian. Students
misbehaving will be warned twice and then sent back to their class with a note from the librarian.
9. Please do not hesitate to discuss any concerns with the librarian.
10. All reference books are for use in the library only.
Magazines can be checked out on a weekly basis.
11. Students with overdue books will not be allowed to check out books until
the overdue books are returned. All Brentwood students are allowed to check
out 2 books. Every student must be clear in the library before checking out of
school. If a book is lost, the replacement cost of the book must be paid to the
12. Teachers will receive on a monthly basis, a list of overdue books for their
students. Please encourage your students to turn their books in on time
in order to keep the books circulating.
Thank you for your consideration.
Mr. Keen, Librarian