- Best Themed Award - This award is presented to a team who best exhibits the theme of the competition.
Winston Elementary School
- Judge’s Award - This award is presented to a team who is worthy of recognition but it does not fit in another award category.
Gardendale Elementary School & Gus Garcia Middle School
- Most Elegant Award - This award is presented to a team whose robot makes the judges say “Wow! That is a neat robot!”
Las Palmas Elementary School
- Programming Award - This award is presented to a team who demonstrates successful techniques in one or more of the following:
· Use of unique programming techniques to successfully demonstrate the game challenges.
· Evidence of good software documentation and revision control.
· Abilityto describe in detail how their program works and how it helps solve
the game’s challenges.
· Demonstrate that the implemented programs perform successfully on the playing field.
· Employ the use of at least two robot sensors to assist with the robot function on the field
Stafford Elementary School and Wrenn Middle School
Young Engineers 1st Place - This award is presented to a team who excels in the following criteria:
· Ability to demonstrate and describe their robot design.
· Robot performance on the field.
· Team sportsmanship on and off the field.
· Overall team image (use of themes, etc.)
· Team Essay
Stafford Elementary School