For immediate release: April 22, 2013
Contact: Roland Martinez, Public Relations Officer, 210-444-7955, firstname.lastname@example.org
Edgewood ISD to dedicate renovated baseball field
The public is invited to the rededication and ribbon-cutting ceremony for the renovated Edgewood Baseball Field.
Edgewood ISD baseball players from the last 60 years who played at Edgewood, Kennedy, and Memorial high schools will join current players, District Administration, and community members at the ceremony, scheduled for Thursday, April 25, at 4 p.m. The baseball field, located at the corner of Lance and 36th streets, has undergone extensive renovation and improvements:
• new fencing • new windscreens • new bleachers
• new dugouts • new press box • new covered batting tunnels
• new lights • new bases • new bleacher awning
• infield redone • pitcher’s mound redone • new scoreboard
• new flag poles • new foul poles • parking area redone
• new parking area lights
The facility also will have a concession stand, restrooms, public address system, a redone playing surface, perimeter fencing,
bullpen, irrigation system, and ticket booth.