Norman K. Winston Elementary
Parental Involvement Policy
Edgewood ISD recognizes the need for parental involvement to enhance their presence as role models in an academic environment and encourage support from school personnel, district administrators, and the school board. This is an effort that will promote consistent partnerships between parents and schools.
As vital resources to encourage learning, parents have developed goals that will ensure effective and positive environments which will result in continuing the need for parental involvement.
The partnership between home and Winston Elementary will be supported by the following goals:
- School administrators, faculty and staff will provide a nurturing environment and implement instruction which addresses specific needs for children.
- The school will encourage 100% of parental involvement, and will recognize parents as partners in education.
- Parents will be encouraged and empowered to comment on school policies and to share in decision-making.
- Parents will be collaborators in the educational process, and will take an active role in their child's education.
- The school will communicate with parents regarding their child's progress and together will develop ways to assist the students.
- Parents will be trained to assist students in the classroom environment and on a one-to-one basis.
- Winston Elementary will support parents in their own continuing education.
Edgewood ISD and its school board will provide leadership in the development of clear avenues for parental involvement. Full realization of the partnership will be achieved through the ongoing commitment and active participation by both home and school.