Welcome to Kennedy's ACADEC Page!!!
Coaches: David Villalobos / Veronica Casiano
The 2013-2014 topic is World War I.
Upcoming Competitions: To Be Announced
November 2013 - Sinton High School
December 2013 - John F. Kennedy High School
January 2014 - Regional Competition - TBA
The overall curricular theme for 2013–2014 will be World War I, in recognition of 2014 being the centennial of the start of the war. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to genetics and will include a discussion of some of the significant advancements made in the field of genetics in the early twentieth century.
- LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE: The language and literature curriculum will include critical reading, one novel, two poems, and two short stories. The featured novel will be The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.
- ART: The art curriculum will cover art fundamentals and will focus on European and American art of the early twentieth century and will include a section on art and World War I.
- MUSIC: The music curriculum will cover basic elements of music theory and will focus on early twentieth century music—both popular and classical works—and will include a section on musical responses to the First World War.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science curriculum will cover World War I.
- ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics. The economics curriculum will also include a thematic section providing an economic history of World War I.
- MATHEMATICS: The mathematics curriculum will cover algebra and trigonometry.