Mr. D. Baza Room 201
email@example.com (210) 444-8300 Ext: 3755
Welcome to Basic
Course Grading Policies
1) Progress Reports: Class grades will be updated weekly. Campus wide progress reports will be generated every three week period where report cards are not issued.
2) Grading will be accomplished on a nine-week basis according to the following guidelines:
a) Formative grades shall count as 50 percent of the student’s cumulative average. Examples include homework, class work, pop quizzes, notebooks/journals, class participation, and READ 180 participation.
b) Summative grades shall count as 50 percent of the student’s cumulative average. Examples include unit tests, weekly test projects, presentations, book reports, research papers, portfolios, and READ 180 tests.
Each student will have a minimum of three formative grades each week during the nine-week grading period and one summative grade each week for the first eight weeks of the grading period.
Homework will be assigned to reinforce concepts learned in class. Homework is expected to be completed and due at the beginning of class. Also, it is encouraged that each student practices his or her daily reading at home to help strengthen skills and develop good reading habits.
Students are expected to complete class assignments on scheduled due dates. Late work will be accepted and graded on an individual basis. If a student is absent, he or she is expected to make-up missed class work. Points will be deducted for late work:
May be given for additional work and graded on an individual basis.
No textbooks will be issued to students. However, students will be responsible for books/paperback books used in class.
Pencils, pens, paper and a journal notebook.
I will be available for tutoring after school Wed 4:10 – 5:10 P.M. or by request.
Students are expected to follow
1) Be on time
2) Be prepared (bring supplies)
3) Pay attention and work hard
4) Respect others
5) Electronic devices are prohibited (music devices, phones, etc.)
6) Follow dress code—including removal of hats, hoods and piercings
7) No food or drink
8) No sleeping
9) Follow any additional classroom procedures and expectations
1) Warning/clarification of rules
2) Student conference
3) Parent notice/phone call
4) Parent conference
5) Administrator contact
1) Free time/student choices
2) Extra credit
3) Positive Notes, phone calls to parents
4) Games, activities, internet, etc.
5) Satisfaction of a job well done!
I am committed to ensuring a safe and positive environment exists for all students.
Mr. D. Baza
I have read and understand Mr. Baza’s Class Syllabus Date: _____________
Student signature: ___________________ Parent signature: ______________________