Monthly Author Study
August: Laura Numeroff
September: Bill Martin Jr.
October: Audrey Wood
November: Mem Fox
December: Eric Carle
January: David Shannon
February: Kevin Henkes
March: Dr. Seuss
April: Ezra Jack Keats
May: Leo Lionni
Why are we studying an author a month?
· To encourage the students to develop a love of being read to.
What will the students gain by this study?
· Students will learn different techniques of authors and/or illustrators.
· Students will create their own books as authors and/or illustrators.
· Become more equipped at using technology as an educational tool to develop awareness of authors.
· Develop new vocabulary (author, illustrator, title, etc)
· Make connections between selected books and the authors who wrote them.
· Use venn diagrams to compare and contrast different books written by the author.