My name is Vanessa Hernandez and I teach Choir, and Music Theory for the Edgewood Fine Arts Academy, EISD, in San Antonio, Texas. I also teach two classes of choir at Gus Garcia Middle School.
This school year, choir had 35 members. Here is a summary of our activities for the 2013-2014 school year:
1. Oct. 30, 2013: Fall Festival performance, Fine Arts Academy (FAA) cafeteria, Time is TBA
2. Oct-Nov 2013: RegionXI Treble/Mixed Choir Auditions, Time is TBA
3. November 2, 2013: "Altarcitos in the Barrio" performance, Guadalupe Plaza downtown, Time is TBA
4. Dec. 2013: Holiday Concert-Choir Holiday Concert
5. Feb. 2014: Solo & Ensemble
6. Apr. 2014: Concert & Sightreading
7. May 2014: Spring Concert
8. May 2014: TSSEC
Texas State Solo & Ensemble Competition
Choir groups have two main performances a year. One in the Fall, and the other in the Spring. All choir members are expected to perform in both of these events. There are multiple opportunities for choir members to compete; Region XI Treble Auditions, UIL Solo & Ensemble and UIL Concert and Sightreading. These competitions are required for Letterman Jacket eligibility.
Edgewood Fine Arts Academy Music Theory Page
Back to the EISD Fine Arts Academy Page
Back to the EISD District Home Page