6th Grade Social Studies
E-mail: email@example.com School: (210) 444-8475
This years curriculum is called CSCOPE and it bases all lessons on student engagement through the use of activities and an interactive journal. The sixth grade scope and sequence are designed to connect to the way students think by drawing on their prior knowledge and relating Social Studies to their everyday lives. The students will often work together in groups to share ideas and discover the world we live in. Our goal is to prepare and educate students to maximize their potential in being productive members of society. Instruction will be based on the EISD curriculum, aligned with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (
Materials needed for Class
All Supplies and materials are supplied by the district.
Grades will be posted on within 2 days of their due date. 50% of their grade will come from their homework and classwork. The remaining 50% wil come from projects, tests, quizzes and journals.
Final Grade for the year 1st semester + 2nd semester ÷ 2= Average (must be 70 or above)
1. Homework is due at the beginning of class.
2. Homework assignments are to be written in student’s agenda.
3. Homework will be given twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
1. It is the student’s responsibility to pick up missed assignments, get missed notes taken in class from a friend and schedule any missed test or quiz with the teacher.
3. Test and quiz make-ups will be given before or after school and must be scheduled.
4. If a student scores below a 70 on a test, he/she has 5 school days to schedule and retake the test. Student can not receive a grade higher than an 80 on retakes.
Extra help during the year will be available during tutorial times scheduled regularly or by appointment.
Wrenn has a no tolerance policy concerning unacceptable behavior in the classroom while a substitute is covering for the regular teacher. Should a student disrupt the class, show disrespect toward a substitute or be reported to the regular teacher by the substitute for infraction of any rules, the student will be written up and referred to the assistant principal or will be held after school for detention after given proper notice.