Science Fair Experiment
This year at E.T. Wrenn Middle School, all students will be required to complete a science experiment. This is a great opportunity for your child to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in Science. These projects allow students to show their problem solving skills while interacting with the environment. To assist our students completion of this district requirement, the E.T. Wrenn Science Instructors have set up the following due dates to help manage student time properly and earn a good grade. We hope that parents will assist their child in completing this out of class project.
Below are the science experiment components and their due dates; NO LATE projects will be accepted.
1. Students need to select a Topic that interests them and submit in writing a QUESTION or PROBLEM on something that interests them and a HYPOTHESIS (educated guess) by September 14, 2012. REMEMBER the hypothesis must be in an “if and then” format.
2. Students should start to plan and design their experiment. All procedures and materials lists for the experiment will be due on September 28, 2012.
3. Students should begin to carry out their experiments over the weeks of September 29th – October 28th. Students need to gather their materials and proceed with performing their experiments. They should also manage their time wisely and not procrastinate (wait or put off).
4. Student will turn in completed data, charts, graphs, and results on October 29, 2012.
5. After experiment is complete students should start to analyze their data and determine a CONCLUSION. This should be completed and turned in on November 5, 2012.
6. The final project with display board is due on November 30, 2012. All students will turn in a Display Board and Report with the following items:
1. Name of Student, Title of Experiment, and Date
4. Method and materials used
5. Data – graphs, charts, pictures, etc.
7. Bibliography- reference books, encyclopedias, internet sites, etc.
Parent Signature ___________________ Student Signature____________________
Project display boards will be included in the school supplies provided to students. Please be on the look out for them.
All students should be working on their projects at home. Experiment data, charts, and results are due October 29th.
Display boards will be handed out the first week of November.