E.T. Wrenn Middle School
8th Grade Science
As a middle school teacher, I want to improve student performance in science in order to prepare them for high school science and also for the science TAKS test. The 8th grade students will be performing many lab activities with the intention of increasing student comprehension. Tutoring will also be offered to All students if needed. However, the students must follow my procedures and expectations in the classroom daily.
Listed below are the classroom procedures and expectations!
1. Be on time to class and seated as you enter the science room.
2. Gum chewing and eating are not allowed in the classroom.
3. You should always have your shirt tucked in at all times.
4. Always be prepared for class. (Binder, Paper, Pen or Pencil)
5. Always follow the agenda on the board.
6. Raise your hand if you have a question, an appropriate answer, or comment.
7. Homework will always be on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays. If homework is not completed, major points will be deducted from the assignment.
8. Use a low voice during cooperative learning.
9. When a student is not following the rules, he/she will serve a detention. Detention Time - 3:30 - 5:00 pm
8th Grade Supply List:
1 Folder (1st Period - Red; 2nd Period - Yellow; 3rd Period - Green; 4th Period - Blue)
Pens (blue or black) and Pencils
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the front office (444-8475) to schedule a conference.
Thank You For Your Support!!