1. Be inside the gym before their designated time or they will be considered tardy.
2. Bring clothes necessary to participate in PE everyday.
3. Students must dress out in PE uniform T-shirt and black shorts. Can be purchased in the front office. No other colors will be accepted. Black sweat pants may also be worn. (NOJEANS, NO BLACK JEAN SHORTS, CAPRI PANTS, OR TANK SHIRTS)
4. Bring deodorant, and other necessities to keep healthy hygiene.
5. Be dressed and ready to participate.
6. Stand or be seated in designated class area for roll call.
7. Participate in PE activities daily.
8. Keep dressing rooms, gym, restrooms,lockers, and shower area clean.
9. There will be no tagging or gang graffiti on walls, lockers, or in the gym.
10.Practice safety at all times. Therewill be no horse playing.
12.Remain in the gym until a coachdismisses the class.
13.Do not leave the gym withoutpermission or it will be TRUANCY.
14.Mark PE clothing with your name incase it gets lost.
15.Nopersonal electronic devices will be used in the gym. We are not responsible forlost or stolen items.(MP3s, Ipods, Cell phones, any hand held games, etc.)All items will be confiscated and turned into the Assistant Principals. (Items will only be released to a parent)
16.Bring a combination lock to securebelongings, submit number to coach.
17.Do not spit inside the gym or water fountains.
18.Do not destroy school property.
19.No eating or drinking in the gym orlocker room without permission.
20.Bring a completed doctor’s note for any absences or illnesses.
21.Have respect for your teacher,yourself, and others.
NOTE: Students who do not come to class with gym clotheswill result in these consequences that will greatly affect their grade.
1st time- Conference with teacher and analternative activity
2nd time- PE teacher will make a phone contact with parent or guardian.
3rd time- A conference with parent, student,and teacher.
4th time- Referral to Asst. Principal with parent conference.
** A valid excuse for PE must be inwriting from a doctor. It must state possible limitations with doctor’s signature and a release form stating when to participate again.
GENERAL VIEW OF PE COURSE
Activities will be taught for a 3-week period and lessons will include the following:
* Lecture and demonstration on sport or activity
* Rules and regulations study sheet
* Skill development
* STARR warm-ups and related activities
* Health related activities
* Team and individual physical challenges
* Skills, performance, and written tests
Sports/Activities included this year are: volleyball, flag football, basketball, soccer, softball, indoor hockey,cardio, badminton, fitness testing, and other activities.
Students will follow the dailyprocedures:
1. Suit out (5 minutes)
2. STARR warm-ups
3. Fitness warm-ups
4. Main Activity
6. Change (5 minutes)
100 % -Dresses out and participates in activity
70% -Does not dress out, but participates
50% -Dresses out but does not participate
0 % -Does not dress out or participate/absent
1st, 2nd, 3rd,and 4th Nine weeks
-Formative grades 50%
-Summative grades 50%
***IF STUDENT IS ABSENT THEY MUST WRITE A ONE PAGE REPORT ON ANY TOPIC RELATED TO SPORTS/HEALTH.STUDENT WILL HAVE A WEEK TO TURN ASSIGNMENT IN.