World Cultures(click HERE for syllabus)
This year in 6th grade Social Studies, students will study the cultures of the world. We will be examining five major themes: history, people, government, culture, and geography.
Over the course of the year, students will be able to do the following:
· Trace characteristics of various contemporary societies in regions that resulted from historical events.
· Define culture and common traits that unify a culture region.
· Compare ways in which various societies organize the production and distribution of goods and services.
· Identify and locate major physical and human geographic features.
· Evaluate the characteristics of limited and unlimited governments.
· Explain different points of view about an issue or current topic.
· Identify and explain the geopgraphic factors responsible for patterns of population.
Texas History(click HERE for syllabus)
This year in 7th grade Social Studies, students will study the history of