Every third grader is expected to :
- Read with fluency and understanding at appropriate difficulty
- Develop an extensive vocabulary
- Use a variety of strategies to comprehend selections read aloud and selections read independently
- Pass the Third Grade Reading STARR test in order to be promoted to fourth grade
- Know multiplication/division facts through 12
- Use measurement skills in order to determine time, temperature, and length (standard & metric)
- Solve problems by collecting, displaying, and interpreting sets of data
- Apply third grade mathematics in order to solve problems connected to everyday experinces and activities in and out of school.
- Pass the Third Grade Math STARR test
- Compose meaningful texts applying the knowledge of: grammar, usage, convention (penmenship,puntucation & capitization) and the writing process
Conduct science investigations which involves the use of the Scientific Process
Learn and understand about past and present historic figures and gain an appreiciation of various cultures and communities.