What Rights & Services do Homeless Students Receive?
* Go to school, no matter where they live or how long they have lived there.
- Right to attend the school origin or the local school.
- Be enrolled in school immediately, even if lacking paperwork normally required.
* Receive transportation to and from their school of origin.
* Receive preschool services, free school meals, services for English language learners, special education, Title I services, vocational/technical education, gifted and talented services, and before and after-school care, as needed.
* Go to school with children who are homeless. Students can not be separated from the regular school program because they are homeless.
* Get information and referrals from local liaisons, including information about all available educational programs; information for parents on how they can support their children's education; and referrals to health, mental health dental, and other services.
* Have the opportunity to meet the same high academic achievement standards as all students.