The McKinney-Vento Homeless Act defines homeless as lacking a fixed, regular, and adequate residency.
- Fixed: Stationary, permanent, not subject to change
- Regular: Used on a regular (nightly) basis
- Adequate: Sufficient for meeting both the physical and psychological needs typically met in home environments.
If any on the three conditions is missing, the child is considered homeless.
If you live in one of these situations, you do not need to provide any of the following to enroll in school:
- proof of residency;
- immunization records or a TB skin test result;
- birth certificate;
- school records; or
- legal guardianship papers.