Students will learn all basic elements of music as required in the TEKS.
Music Class / Expectations / Objectives
Music Classroom Expectations
1. Enter quietly and be seated
2. Keep your hands, feet, and other objects to yourself.
3. Raise your hand to speak.
4. Wear your uniform properly.
1. Use kind words and manners. “Yes Sir / No Sir, “Please and Thank you”
2. Answer politely in complete sentences.
1. We will respect ourselves and others and their property.
2. We will speak respectfully to adults, as well as our peers.
Four Step Discipline Plan in our classroom:
1. A discipline STAGE I report will be filed.
2. A copy will be sent home for parent signature.
3. The teacher will call parents.
4. A consequence will be determined by the teacher
Students will be able to:
Use music terminology
Read simple music notation
Create melodic patterns
Create rhythmic patterns
Sing /Play classroom instruments
Sing from memory using expression
Relate music to other subjects
Sing songs/Play games from diverse cultures
Evaluate performances using basic criteria