1st Grade Reading
First 9 weeks- Review with your child all the short vowel sounds- a,e,i,o,u. Have them sing you the vowel song that we learned in class.
Second 9 weeks- We are learning the long vowel sounds. They have learned a new verse to the song. Have your child sing you the new verse.
1st grade Math
- First 9 weeks- Have your child write the numbers 1-20 on a piece of paper. Have them draw a picture to represent that number.
- Second 9 weeks- Let your child help you count coins. We are adding on starting with the largest coin, the quarter. Students should be able to skip count by 10's for dimes, 5's for nickels, and count by 1's for pennies.
1st grade Science
- First 9 weeks- Science lab safety and states of matter: solid, liquid and gas.
- Second 9 weeks- Bodies of water: soil, rocks, and minerals.
1st grade Social Studies
- First 9 weeks- Rules and law, community, school and at home.
- Second 9 weeks- Maps, Compass Rose, good citizens.