Gus Garcia Art explores and builds upon the basic Art Elements and Principles of Design. Students will spend the year developing their artistic ability, working with different materials and participating in activities selected from, but not limited to the list below.
Principles of Design
One-Three Point Perspective
Computer Generated Art
Still Life Drawing
Study of Artists
Study of Artistic Styles
- Have enthusiasm for learning new activities
- Participate in Art lectures/activities/projects daily
- Be open to new projects and different styles of art
- Work to achieve creative and visual thinking skills
- Appreciate and understand the value of Art
- Develop creative expression/performance
- Develop social skills that demonstrate the importance of group work and cooperation in-group activities
- Demonstrate a high level of interest and show initiative, enthusiasm, and commitment
- Evaluate their own and others performance
- Experience enjoyment and satisfaction through creative expression
Instruction begins as you enter classroom. Warm-ups will be on board for you to do while I take attendance. 5-7 min.
Students must have school supplies. Arrive equipped with required supplies ready for use. Sharpen pencils as you arrive.
This is your studio, but my classroom. Students will treat art classroom space as a fully functional art studio.
Have your work done and ready on date specified by me. DO NOT waste valuable class time. You will participate in class critique using proper terminology and etiquette. You are strongly urged to take written notes during critiques. Your name, assignment name, and class period should be printed clearly on back of project. If I cannot read it, I cannot and will not accept project.
Major projects — 50%