I am a optimistic, energetic, and creative technical leader who enjoys problem solving and engineering solutions to satisfy the needs of technology-related concepts, data strategies, and ethical practices to make informed decisions about current technologies and their applications in ways that support the work of individuals and groups in problem-solving situations. I offer widespread experience in technology, application systems and development that will enhance teaching and learning in the classroom. I developed and matured these skills for over 15 years while working in public and private sectors, in the government as both an employee and contractor, a fortune 500 company, a startup company, an aerospace company, higher-ed and as an independent consultant all in Washington, DC, Virginia and Texas. I have held titles such as Technical Specialist, Program Analyst, Web Team Leader, Web Developer, Senior Distributed Applications Developer, E-Commerce Business Manager, ERP Portal Architect and Web Director. My hands-on experience ranges from everyday technical programming to managing a multi-million dollar project.
- Experienced administrator, skilled in assisting with program functions, supporting and communicating with senior managers, coordinating workloads and projects; a strong history of projects in a service oriented business
- Able to reengineer complex business processes and research, analyze, and prepare data
- Able to provide technical leadership to the organization leading cross-functional groups with respect to both technology and task planning and project management
- Able to work with diverse people, as my education and training have prepared me to respond quickly to new situations
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills, acquired both in college and while working for education, federal government, public and private sector employers
- Experienced with relational database design, integration, and database-oriented analytics
- Extensive experience with web-based rapid application development integrated with databases, LDAP, XML, JSON, and Content Management Systems
- Experienced in satisfying business needs through application development by identifying opportunities made possible with technology that will impact business strategy and performance
- Experienced in bridging collaboration gaps across technology departments by leveraging skills in those departments to help start, work-through, and complete technology projects
- Experienced in migrating large applications over to intranet, allowing all users to access from anywhere/anytime, a variety of data, services, and information
- Able to provided broad technical influence over infrastructure (hardware, software), ITS services, support policies and procedures
- Developed and aligned long-range plans to sustain or enhance technical services to meet organization business needs
- Analyzes and aligns emerging technical opportunities with defined business needs, including marketing these future enhancements to governance bodies and other stakeholders
Masters of Science, Computer Information Systems
Magna cum laude – St. Mary's University – San Antonio, Texas
Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, Management Information Systems
Magna cum laude – The Catholic University of America – Washington, D.C.
United States Army
10th Mountain Division, 2nd Battalion 87th Infantry - Ft. Drum N.Y.
Technology Application EC-12