When is Tutoring? Open tutoring is on Tuesdays and Thursdays afterschool. Tutoring may become part of a student’sIndividual Academic Improvement Plan and they might be required to attend, butall students are encouraged to attend.
How should we behave? Brentwoodhas 4 main student responsibilities:
1. Be in our seat and working with all neededmaterials.
2. Follow directions of all teachers and staff.
3. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
4. Use appropriate language and actions.
What if I don’t followthe rules? Consequences include:
2. Removalof Student Privileges – i.e. games, trips, dances, RR
3. StageOne Referrals from Teacher
5. Student/Teacher Conference
6. Parent/ Student / Teacher Conferences
7. OfficeReferrals –which may result in ISS, Alternative School or Expulsion
What if I do behave? You gain myrespect! I will show you that I respectyou by the way I treat you. I enjoyspending time and interacting with students who work hard and live up to theirresponsibilities because I know it is not always easy to be a hard worker. I will reward you with my attention and variousgoodies I bring into class!
Sharpen my pencil?Yes, but not while I am speaking and one at a time. After you are done, go directly to your seatand carry on the activity.
Use the RR? You must have your bathroom PASS that hasbeen assigned to you for me to initial. Sign out and back in.
Go to the Nurse? Be ready to describe your symptoms. If you receive daily medication, you mayleave at your assigned time without asking – please place your agenda by thedoor, sign out and take the pass. Sign back in when you return with the pass.
Askquestions? Raise your hand andwait to be called upon.
Turn in my work? Pass papers to the row or group captain. Once collected, the row captain will passthem to the teacher to collect.
Getsupplies for group work? Row captains handle all materials and papers.