The Work Experience Class is an individualized instructional setting that provides services through paid employment. The primary goal of this class is to provide” hands-on” training and work experience.
1. Expectations: Please initial acknowledgement: _________________ (Parent & Student)
a) Be at least 16 years of age
b) Present an original Social Security Card or other form of employment documentation to the Vocational Adjustment Coordinator (VAC)
c) Follow all school policies
d) The teacher will meet with the student each week to review work schedule and evaluations
f) Follow all company rules and policies
h) Maintain employment at an approved work site and work 5 hours a week per # of class periods scheduled as VAC
i) VAC student is responsible for transportation to and from work
2. Grading: off-Campus Portion - Please initial acknowledgement: ___________________ (Parent & Student)
**Students who are fired from their job will have 25 points deducted from
their total grade point average for that nine-week time period.
3. Problems: Please initial acknowledgement: _____________________ (Parent & Student)
· Contact your teacher / VAC to discuss any work-related or classroom problems
4. Job Changes: Please initial acknowledgement: ______________________ (Parent & Student)
a) Provide job search documentation (a minimum of 5 contacts per week)
b) Secure a new job in place before quitting present job
c) Provide two (2) weeks written notification to present employer and give a copy to your teacher
1. Time Limit - Please initial acknowledgment: _______________________ (Parent & Student)
· Student has two (2) weeks to find paid employment.
3. Consequences: Please initial acknowledgment: _______________ (Parent & Student)
JF Kennedy/Memorial High Schools