E.T. Wrenn Physical Education Syllabus
FALL Semester 2013
Instructor: CoachMcClain Coach Lockett Coach Padilla
Office Location: GYM
Course Objectives and Goals:
· The student will be able to perform in physical moderate to vigorous activities to his or her best abilities.
· The student will be able to understand basic rules and concepts of all activities.
· The student will be able to demonstrate concepts through participation,assignments, and tests.
Attire: Shorts at least arms length anda t-shirt (any color but nothing vulgar)
Lockerroom: Keep it clean, Do Not share lockers, combinations, or keys, and make suree verything is locked before you leave.
Students have 5 MINUTES to bechanged and in their assigned seats.
(Late = an exercise with amount increasing by 10 each day)
Gum& Cell Phones:Are not permitted. The student will receive a warning, if the behavior continues then
they will have to comply with thecampus policies.
Profanity: Will not be tolerated.
(The student will have to complete an exercise using the number of letters in that word times a
certain amount. If the behavior continues the student will receive a referral as indicated in the code of
Respect: Be respectful of yourself and others at all times.
Course Grading: Complete all activity notes/handouts, exams, and participation in all activities.
1.) Each day is worth a total a 100 points.
3.) Jewelry = Minus 5 points and increase by 5points for every consecutive day.
(Students are asked to remove all jewelry for safety of others and the student.)
4.) Not Participating = Minus 15 points andincrease by 5 points for every consecutive day.
(Must be wearing appropriate shoes to participate)
5.) Late to class = Minus 5 points andincrease by 5 points for every consecutive day.
(Students are given 5 minutes to be dressedand seated)
6.) Absences = No Grade (There is no make-upwork for P.E.)
7.) Not Dressed out = A zero for that day,and if there are consecutive No Dresses the student will receive either a lunch detention or an after school detention. (Includes: a pattern of dressing out then not)
Expectations of Understanding:
· *Volleyball * Basketball * Football *Soccer *Softball
· *FlagFootball * Kick Ball * Whiffle Ball *Flicker Ball * Hand Ball
· * UltimateBall *UltimateBasketball * Ultimate Frisbee *Ultimate Football
· *SpiderBall * Spider Tag *Mission Impossible * Virus *Chase
· * Capturethe Flag *Steal the Birdie *Birdie Ball *Dodge Ball * Crab Attacks
· *FloorHockey *Field Hockey *Lacrosse *StationWork * Shield ball
· *WeightRoom *Muscles/Function *Fitnessgram * Warm-up Routine
Handouts/Notes: When handouts are done they aredue at the end of every week to be graded and returned.
September3-6, 2013 -Bring Locks & Clothes; Parent/Guardian Signature of Requirements
September 9-13, 2013 – Dynamic Warm-Up Introduction
September 16-20, 2013 – Dynamic Warm-Up Quiz
September23-27, 2013 – Virus Activity
Sept.30-Oct 4, 2013 - FITNESSGRAM TESTING
October7-11, 2013 - FITNESSGRAM TESTING
October14-18, 2013 - FITNESSGRAM TESTING
October21-25, 2013 – Mission Impossible Activity
Oct.28- Nov. 1, 2013 -Mission Impossible Quiz
November 4-8 2013 -KingPin Activity
November 11-15, 2013 - KingPin Quiz
November 18-22, 2013 - Organized Recreation
November 25-29, 2013 - Spider Ball
December 2-6, 2013 -FlickerballActivity
December 9-13 -Capture the Flag
December 16-20 - Capture theFlag Quiz
***PLEASENOTE CALENDAR IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE***
SYLLABUSACKNOWLEDGEMENT: PLEASE SIGN & RETURN TO YOUR TEACHER
I_________________, understand the P.E./Athletics syllabus, and I will alwaysabide by all rules and procedures enforced
by any of the coaches.
StudentSignature: __________________________________ Date:______________ Per. _____