Bullying: Tips for Parents
1. Encourage your child to report bullying incidents to you.
2. Ask your child how s/he has tried to stop the bullying.
3. Coach your child in possible alternatives.
4. Treat the school as your ally.
5. Encourage your child to seek help and to report bullying incidents to someone s/he feels safe with at the school:
6. Use school personnel and other parents as resources in finding positive ways to encourage respectful behaviors at school.
7. Encourage your child to continue to talk with you about all bullying incidents.
See our other resources:
Reprinted with the permission of the Committee for Children. © 2007 Committee for Children.