Policy: Parent and Family Engagement
It is the goal of the Parent and Family Engagement Program in Edgewood ISD to transform the lives of our students by creating meaningful partnerships with parents and organizations to support our work with students.
Parents are an essential resource in the learning process of their children. The child's first and most important teacher is the parent. The intent of these goals is to result in more efficient, consistent, and effective programs as well as generating new ways of strengthening the Parent and Family Engagement Partnership.
The partnership between home and school will be supported by:
1) The school staff will actively express and promote the importance of partnerships with all families
2) The school encourages volunteer participation from parents, families, and the community
3) Parents and families are encouraged, both formally and informally, to comment on school policies and share in decision-making
4) Parents are to be treated as collaborators in the educational process, along with playing a strong role in their child's development
5)Recognizing its responsibility to unite a partnership with all families in having an open, friendly, and helpful school climate
6) Communicating with parents and families frequentl, about policies, or their child's progress
7) A district-wide committee of parents, teachers, and administrators to guide overall program efforts and serve as home-school partnership network
8) To help parents gain the confidence ot support their children's learning at home and school by being involved in activities e.g. parent meetings/trainings, PFAC, PTA, classroom assistance, and mentoring
9) To support parents in their own continuing education and personal support