1) Build your capacity for long-life learning
2) Communicate using verbal, non-verbal, and written techniques.
3) Take responsibility for your actions and choices.
4) Do your share as a good citizen in your school, community, country and world.
5) Treat self and others with respect.
6) Apply critical thinking techniques.
JROTC Core Abilities describe the broad, life-long skills that every cadet needs for success in all career and life roles. They are drawn from the all-over goals and values that drive the JROTC program. Core Abilities are not learned in one lesson, but rather they are linked to lesson competencies in order to integrate or thread them throughout the JROTC curriculum.
Army JROTC intends to teach:
1) Maximum potential for success through learning and self-management.
2) Develop leadership skills.
3) Incorporate principles of mental and physical wellness into behaviors and decisions.