A Guide to the Instructional Technology Facilitator’s Role
Purpose of Position:
· Provides training and support to staff memberson technology integration, the Texas Technology Application TEKS, the SBEC
· Technology Competencies for Educators, andadministrative applications.
· Assists in inducting new staff.
· Assist with hardware, software, and networkproducts.
· Assists in the implementation of the districtinitiatives and building-level technology plans.
· Duties & Responsibilities
1. Planning and Facilitating Teaching and Learning
· Collaborates all instructional staff to developcurriculum materials and specific lesson plans that integrates technology
· Demonstrates and models on a regular basis theintegration of technology in all curriculum areas
· Facilitates school participation in technologyprograms and activities
· Provide sustained, in-depth professionaldevelopment for campus staff
· Collaborates to provide leadership in theschool‘s use of instructional technology resources to enhance learning
· Follows a plan for professional development andactively seeks out opportunities to grow professionally
· Provide frequent feedback to staff members andadministrators regarding instructional technology
2. Planning and Facilitating Information Access and Delivery
· Works with the principal and school leadershipteam to provide access to technology resources and services
· Works with campus and technology staff in theselection of resources that are compatible with the school’s infrastructure
· Participates with any Technology Committee toassist with planning the design of the technology infrastructure so that
· information resources are continually availableto the school community
· Adheres to and communicates copyright &other laws and guidelines pertaining to the distribution and ethical useresources
· Facilitates remote/live broadcast of events andtraining on the use of multimedia equipment and software
3. Planning and Facilitating Program Administration
· Leads, in partnership with the InstructionalTechnology Specialist and Campus Performance Objectives Committee (CPOC) in
· effective decision making to promote the mediaand technology program.
· Monitors the use of instructional technology toensure that resources and activities enhance rigorous academic content and the
· school’s mission
· Provides support for TxGradebook, Pinnacle,Edusoft and any other district adopted software program available in thedivision
· Collaborates with teachers, CurriculumSpecialists, Library Media staff and Technology staff to evaluate and selectresources
· addressing curricular needs and learning goals
· Attends district-level support/follow-upsessions during the school year
· Prepares and submits accurate reports asrequired
· Use appropriate and effective techniques forcommunity and parent involvement
· Facilitate the Technology Inventory process