Week 9: Oct. 20-24
- Spark – a small bit of burning material thrown off by a fire.
- Prepare – to make or get ready.
- Cheer – to shout encouragement or approval.
- Tear – a rip in a piece of paper or another substance.
- Scarf – a strip of material worn around the neck or head for decoration or warmth.
- Scare – to frighten a person or animal.
- Repair – to fix something that is broken.
- Earring – a piece of jewelry worn on or through the ear.
- Scarce – something that is hard to find because there is so little of it.
- Weird – strange or mysterious.
- Sharp – having an edge or a point that cuts or pierces easily, as in a sharp knife.
- Rear – the back of something.
- Spare – kept for use when needed, as in a spare tire.
- Gear – a set of wheels with teeth that fit together and pass on or change the movement of a machine.
- Hairy – to be covered with hair.
- Compare – to judge one thing against another and notice similarities and differences.
- Alarm – a device with a bell, buzzer, or siren that warns people of danger.
- Harsh – cruel or rough, as in a harsh punishment.
- Upstairs – to or on a higher floor.
- Square - a shape with four equal sides and four right angles.
Journeys Vocabulary and Comprehension
Vocabulary: Online Vocabulary Context Cards
Online Reader: Journeys ebook
This weeks reading: Dear Mr. Winston