My name is Vanessa Osburn and I teach Choir, and Music Theory for the Edgewood Fine Arts Academy, EISD, in San Antonio, Texas. With the new middle school routes, I also teach middle school classes of choir at the Fine Arts Academy.
This school year, choir has 30 members. Here is a summary of our activities for the 2014-2015 school year:
1. Oct. 30, 2014: Fall Festival (Tentative) performance, Fine Arts Academy (FAA) cafeteria, Time is TBA
2. Oct-Nov 2014: Region XI Treble/Mixed Choir Auditions, Time is TBA
3. Dec. 12, 2014: Holiday Concert-Choir Holiday Concert
(with mariachi and orchestra dept.), 6pm
4. Feb. 2015: Solo & Ensemble
5. Apr. 2015: Concert & Sight-reading
6. May 19, 2015: Spring Concert, 6pm
7. May 2015: TSSEC
Texas State Solo & Ensemble Competition
Choir groups have two main performances a year. One in the Fall, and the other in the Spring. All choir members are expected to perform in both of these events. There are multiple opportunities for choir members to compete; Region XI Treble Auditions, UIL Solo & Ensemble and UIL Concert and Sightreading. These competitions are required for Letterman Jacket eligibility.
Edgewood Fine Arts Academy Music Theory Page
Back to the EISD Fine Arts Academy Page
Back to the EISD District Home Page