I would like to thank all the students, staff and parents for a great beginning of the 2012 - 2013 school year. Our year has been rolling along very quickly. The experiences I have had in the last 27 years have greatly prepared me for this challenge. We have been rolling along with the theme: Hop on the Bus Gus to a World Class Education. If you have not had an opportunity to check out the Welcome Video on the GGMS website, please be sure to do so. Please join me as we travel the path to making GGMS a premier school. This will be the campus for others to watch and visit. I am very proud of a few accomplishments thus far this year:
- We have started our first National Junior Honor Society.
- We have started a GGMS Cheer Team.
- Increasing our Robotics participation
- Started our first Chess Team
- 1st Place in District Middle School Tournament for 7th Grade Volleyball
- 2nd Place for Conference for 7th Grade Volleyball
To help you get to know me better, here are some fast facts:
- 27 years in education
- Taught 1st - 6th grade
- Schools I have been assigned to: Winston Elementary, Roosevelt Elementary, Hoelscher Elementary, LBJ Elementary, Gus Garcia Middle School
- Been a military brat and a military wife.
- I have taught in Killeen ISD, DoDDS and Edgewood ISD
- Attended Harvard Principal Center via a scholarship through Raise Your Hand Texas
- Have been a member of School Leadership Network for the past 7 years as well as served on the Advisory Committee for the past 3 years
- Have served on the Advisory Committee for the Trinity University Principal Center
- Been a principal at campuses which were Recognized and Exemplary